Sunbrella fabric does not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric. To clean mildew, or other stubborn stains:
- Two ounces (1/4 cup) of mild soap and/or detergent.
- One gallon of water.
- Clean with soft bristle brush.
- Allow mixture to soak into fabric for up to 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Air dry.
- Repeat if necessary.
*Re-treatment of fabric for water and stain resistance will be necessary.
Remember to protect the area around your Sunbrella if using a bleach solution. Carpet or other fabrics that are not Sunbrella may have an adverse reaction to the bleach.
If an awning is suitable in size for a washing machine, these steps should be followed:
- Use mild soap and/or detergent.
- For heavier stains add 1 cup of bleach to wash.
- Wash and rinse in cold water.
- Air dry. Never apply heat to Sunbrella.
*Re-treatment for water and stain resistance will be necessary after machine washing.